If you're reading this, chances are you have or currently are grocery shopping with kids. Because Mainbain is the smartest, most darling hubs in the world (and because he cares for you, dear reader) he encouraged this post to be done in Top-10 fashion. Otherwise it would be a rant. An extended, holy-guacamole you-won't-believe-what-grocery-shopping-has-degenerated-to kind of post.
:Top Ten Things to AVOID when Grocery Shopping:
10. Processed food - this is not original, it's a duh item.
9. Cereal - if it doesn't look like the natural form of the grain, it's not good for you, no matter how many vitamins and minerals they add back in!
8. Anything containing High Fructose Corn Syrup.
7. Anything with artifical dyes.
6. Impulse spending at the checkout. Don't give in, no matter how loudly they scream!
5. Standing in line behind the kid who's throwing a fit...yours might be inspired to test their lungs out as well.
4. Knock off, overpriced perfumes ;)
3. Slick meats, a.k.a. processed meats.
2. Anything on the Dirty Dozen list of produce. That's a link to a printable pocket list to keep up with those 12 things to avoid.
And the NUMBER 1 thing to avoid at the grocery store is a magazine like this:
1. Because the reason you taught your child to read is NOT for them to peruse headlines like "50 things to do butt naked" and ask what THAT means while you're trying to keep up with what's being scanned.
Seriously. I felt like some kind of prudish old lady as I rushed to stand between the magazine rack and my boys eyes.
If you're reading this and have a bunch of the above in your basket...just check out before someone melts down, and better luck next time.
This is linked to Amanda