St. Joel is basically off the hook tomorrow. But just in case any men out there who want to try this at home, it isn't quite that simple. This equation works out to 5% my innate practicality and 95% his everyday extraordinariness. He wasn't elevated to Saint for nothin'.
You see, I don't really "need" Valentine's Day because he:
- takes me on dates all the time
- compliments me when I look great
- generally overlooks the sweatpants, dark circles and gray hair
- does his own laundry
- doesn't consider taking care of our 4 kids "babysitting"
- is the same no matter how good or how bad life gets
- is really good at grocery shopping
- tells me he loves me at the end of every phone call
Another day, another story,